ASTE 2013 Leadership Summit
Saturday, February 23, 2013
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
The Quarter Deck at The Hotel Captain Cook
ASTE's Leadership Summit focuses on school readiness for 1:1 program vision, leadership and critical components. School leadership teams (2-3 people) are encouraged to attend this hands on, working session for the technology initiative that is proposed in the Governor's budget recommendations.
Your team will leave with definite directions to address critical components for a successful technology implementation. You will get new ideas, great resources, guided exploration and time to work in your District and cross District teams to bring about a quality leadership training experience during the Summit.
- Steve Moss, former Strategic Director for Learning Technologies on the UK government's Building Schools for the Future programme, will be the keynote speaker on international 1:1 technology projects.
- Cheryl Lemke, President and CEO of the Metiri Group and a national speaker, will facilitate the event and lead us through hands-on work through wikis/blogs, and small group discussions.
- Dr. Bob Whicker, Consortium for Digital Learning (AASB) and Dr. Mark Standley, University of Alaska Southeast, will be co-facilitating and providing a 1:1 Guidebook and other resources from their recent research on Alaska 1:1 programs.
- Mike Hanley, Commissioner of Education & Early Development, is our invited Luncheon Speaker
Schedule of Events
- 8:30 - 11:30 am: Keynote Steve Moss
- Summit Facilitation with Cheryl Lemke
- 11:30 am - 1:00 pm: Lunch with Guest Speaker Mike Hanley, DEED Commissioner
- 1:00 - 4:00 pm: Teamwork with hands on time. Facilitated by Cheryl Lemke
- Limited to first 50 registrants. Register here.
- Teams of 2-3 people per District. (Limit = 3 people total)
- Recommended Team: Superintendent, Instructional Leader, Technology Leader
- Pricing: $415/person includes ASTE 2013 membership (regularly $515)
- Meals: Lunch, and snacks included
- Includes: Leadership Summit, and free access to the remaining three days of the ASTE Conference
- Questions: Contact Jill Rusyniak, ASTE's Exec Dir (email@example.com/907-957-2783)
- APEX Learning
- GCI SchoolAccess - Provider of wireless network.