We look forward to welcoming you to ASTE 2013 where we will explore Mobilism - Mobile Me ~ Mobile You ~ Mobile Us! Saturday, February 23rd through Tuesday, February 26th will be our opportunity to connect with each other while advancing the impact of our work. Incredible keynote speakers, Special Interest Groups (SIGs), Leadership Summit, and sponsors and exhibitors designed to enrich our work all await you at ASTE 2013!
This will be the second year that ASTE will be a four day event. We will kick off our Conference on Saturday, February 23, 2013 with our second Leadership Summit and conference 3 and 6 hour workshops. We will conclude our day with our openning Keynote speaker, Commissioner of Education & Early Development, Mike Hanley. Check out the Keynote and Featured Speakers ASTE 2013 has in store for you including a brief summary of Keynote presentations. Be sure to check out these other conference links; Schedule of Events, ASTE 2013 Online Schedule and our second ASTE as Art program.
Participants are expected to bring their own laptop to 3- and 6-hour Hands-On Sessions. Please note that participants are responsible for any software specific needs for their workshops and sessions. A few Macintosh laptops are available for check out. If you would like to check out a laptop for use during the ASTE Conference, you can reserve one by contacting Jill Rusyniak, ASTE's Executive Director. Availability of laptops that are not reserved are on a first-come first-served basis.
When making your reservations remember to use the 7% ASTE discount on Alaska Air travel between February 20th - March 1st (code ECMU206), and make sure to tell The Hotel Captain Cook that you are attending the ASTE Conference to get the nightly $99 (+tax) hotel room discount, too. Oh... and don't forget your workout gear, as ASTE attendees who stay at The Hotel Captain Cook get free access to the hotel's Athletic Club!
Many of you may have found The Hotel Captain Cook to be sold out of rooms for ASTE 2013. Due to a construction project at The Hotel Captain Cook, we are not able to get the number of rooms needed for ASTE this year. We have been assured that this will not happen next year. We have secured an alternate hotel, The Anchorage Hilton Hotel. You will receive the same ASTE rate of $99 nightly just by letting them know you are attending ASTE 2013. Just use the code ASTE. If you experience any difficulty please ask for Lessie Kincaid. Make your reservations online or call (907) 272-7411.
Dates of Note
- January 9th – 21st: ASTE Board Election open
- January 14th: ASTE 2013 Registration opens
- January 15th: Deadline for the Red Boucher Scholarship applications
- January 16th: Deadline for iDidaDoc - Early Deadline for this Category because these entries will be on a CD/DVD must be at least postmarked by 1/16/12 and MAILED to PO Box 122, Tok, AK 99780
- January 25th: Deadline for ASTE Technology Leadership Award nominations
- January 30th: Deadline for iDidaContest entries other than iDidaDoc - EXTENDED TO JANUARY 31, 2012
- February 19th: Last day to register and get meal tickets
- February 19th: Late Registration fees apply
- February 19th: Changes fees apply
- February 19th: Cancellation fees apply
- February 23rd – 26th: ASTE 2013!
Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
ASTE 2013 Conference will continue to build community amongst members interested in specific topics while providing a resource beyond the conference itself - Special Interest Groups (SIGs). Look for SIG-endorsed sessions in the conference schedule, and stay tuned for on-going opportunities to dialog with your fellow ASTE members around the following SIG topic areas: