The Alaska Society for Technology in Education (ASTE) is a professional organization whose mission is to promote access to technology, connectivity to information resources and technology integration for all Alaskan learners.
The purpose of this organization:
- Provide for the sharing and exhange of ideas, techniques, materials, and procedures for use in educational technology
- Promote general recognition of the vital role played by educational technology professionals
- Promote and encourage appropriate use of technology for the improvement of instruction and educational management
- Promote collaboration between business, educational entitites, and community
- Promote professional standards and the effective integration of technology into instructional programs
- Promote and encourage membership and participation in the Alaska Society for Technology in Education